top of page
Prep Time: 30 minutes
mouthwatering lemon loaf muffins
A multi-level lemon experience, contained in a muffin.
for the cake
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup sour cream
1 cup sugar
2 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup oil
for the simple syrup
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
for the glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F and line muffin tins.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together sour cream, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. Slowly pour wet ingredients into the dry. Stir until combined.
3. After well incorporated, fold in oil.
4. Pour or plop into muffin liners having the batter fill 1/2-3/4 of the cup. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
5. While you’re waiting for it to bake, combine the ingredients for the simple syrup in a small sauce pan and cook until sugar is dissolved and solution is clear. Let cool.
6. After the muffins are done, let them cool for a couple minutes before removing from the pan. Place them on a level surface and, using a toothpick or chopstick, poke a bunch of holes into the muffins.
7. Very carefully, spoon the simple syrup over the muffins, allowing the mixture to soak in. Try to distribute as evenly as possible.
8. Let muffins fully cool.
9. When you're ready to ice (when they're cooled), whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over top.
Recipe by The Everyday Chef and Wife, adapted and moderated from Ina Garten.
pin it | share it | review it
bottom of page